- TikTok was fined €345 million, which is equivalent to $369 million. - Shows the EU's commitment to regulating the business practices of tech giants.
- Checking TikTok's compliance with the GDPR related to platform settings and personal data processing for users under 18 years of age.
- Criticism of TikTok's default settings, which made children's accounts public by default. - Anyone can view or comment on their content.
- Dublin's role as the European headquarters for tech giants like TikTok, Google, Meta and X. - Ireland at the center of GDPR enforcement.
– Importance of the GDPR in technology regulation since its implementation in 2018. - EU efforts to impose tough new restrictions on digital giants continue.