– Arsenal Crush PSV 4-0 in Emotional Champions League Return
- Arsenal returned to the Champions League after six years and featured the lyrics of the competition's anthem in the matchday programme.
- The Gunners were emotional but confident as they beat PSV Eindhoven 4-0 at the Emirates Stadium on Wednesday.
- None of their previous Champions League starting lineup in 2017 is still at the club, and Mikel Arteta is a novice manager in this competition.
- Arsenal scored three goals in the first half through Bukayo Saka, Leandro Trossard and Gabriel Jesus, who showed clinical finishing.
- PSV were poor defensively and could not cope with Arsenal's firepower and creativity.
- Arteta made a number of second-half changes to rest some key players for Sunday's North London derby.
- Martin Odegaard scored the fourth goal in his trademark style, with a low shot from outside the box.
- PSV faced Arsenal in the Europa League group stage last season and had the better record, but Arsenal have improved significantly since then with new signings such as Trossard, Riise and Havertz.
- David Raya started in goal for Arsenal for the second consecutive game, raising questions over Aaron Ramsdale's future.
- Arsenal made a strong statement in their Group B opener and laid a solid foundation for their Champions League challenge.